It’s that time of the decade, perhaps, when we might take stock of past achievements and think through how to move forward in the years ahead.
For me, the last decade for our modest, unfunded group was a good one and well worth celebrating. I am thinking back to numerous excellent meetings, external speakers, information shared, contributions to policy development, training sessions, outreach events, staff support and all the rest. It is true that in recent years we have been able to do less than in former times, attendances have been a little down on occasions, training has dropped off and services are under greater strain, but the content of meetings has continued to be first rate, most meetings have good support and we have a stonking website, now re-invigorated, with potential. We continue to have new members and interest.
Recently some services have struggled to take their usual turn at hosting and arranging meetings and this has lead to uncertainty. Of course, several of us have been talking about how to proceed. I suggest that we act as follows:
1. Affirm that GMWRAG should continue, that it’s useful.
2. Break the founding principle that meetings should rotate around each borough in turn bi-monthly.
3. Ask some of the larger services to agree to act as guarantor to host and arrange a meeting once a year or so – core meetings (Manchester will volunteer for one).
4. Go to a sequence of meeting every three months, 3rd Friday in, say, January, April, June, October, confirmed well ahead.
5. Invite other services to contribute with arranging, or hosting, core meetings where possible.
6. Note that some meetings can be half day or ‘business only’ if necessary.
So over to you, it’s your group! Pls share your thoughts…
An online poll has been created below this post to enable members who visit here regularly to express a view. These can be added to any comments submitted below and any views you may wish to express to those people who regularly attend the meetings.
PLEASE NOTE – “COMMENTS” ARE ALSO ENABLED ON THIS POST. BY CLICKING ON THE COMMENTS BUTTON (BELOW AT THE END OF THIS POST) YOU WILL BE ABLE TO POST YOUR VIEWS FOR ALL TO SEE.
The GMWRAG site does not normally permit “Comments” in order to avoid email spam but an exception has been made on this occasion.
Please note that your responses on the poll are not public. Results are only shown as percentages. The voting system will only allow one person to vote once as it blocks multiple votes from the same PC.