GMWRAG members will be filled with seasonal joy at the announcement from the Department of Communities and Local Government of an independent review into
- how local Council Tax local support schemes are working across the country;
- what it has meant for people receiving the support; and
- whether it should be part of Universal Credit in the future.
The main things we think GMWRAG members need to know are
- The review is taking place.
- The mention of of Council Tax Support being incorporated into Universal Credit.
- The consultation ends of the 12th of January 2016.
So, don’t be distracted by all that festive jollity thing. Start writing your responses now. It’s hard to imagine any GMWRAG member having nothing to say about the idea of CTS going into UC!
If any members are ahead of us on this and can provide a copy of their response we’ll happily share it to make everyone’s life easier.Follow @GMWRAGtweets