Salford City Council
Community, Health and Social Care
Welfare Rights and Debt Advice Service
WELFARE RIGHTS OFFICER (MENTAL HEALTH)
Job reference: 50004029
Location: Civic Centre. Swinton.
Salary: £25,440 – £27,924 pa.
Salary Grade: Grade 3B.
Working Pattern: Full-time.
Working Hours: 36 hours pw.
Contract Type: Fixed-term, maternity cover.
Closing date: 11:59pm on the 31st of May 2016.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Temporary cover is required for this post whilst the post-holder is on maternity leave. The period will run from mid July 2016 until the post-holder returns. It is anticipated that this will be approximately 9 months.
We are looking for someone with commitment and enthusiasm to join our expert welfare rights and debt advice team to provide a comprehensive Welfare Rights service for people with mental health conditions. You will provide direct advice and casework, as well as consultative support and training to key professional staff. You will offer a flexible service and be willing to carry out home visits and work in mental health settings.
You should have
- at least two years recent experience and
- expertise in benefits work.
You must have
- experience of appeal tribunal representation.
- a good understanding of recent and future changes to the social security system and how they impact on people with mental health issues.
- a good appreciation of mental health issues and be committed to the promotion of anti-poverty work.
Application forms from: www.yourcounciljobs.co.uk.Follow @GMWRAGtweets