GMWRAG is pleased to announce our second job advert of 2019. As ever this is replicated on our permanent Job Vacancies page.
Welfare Rights Officer
Business & Corporate Services
Corporate and Commercial Services
Welfare Rights Service
Welfare Rights Officer
Contract Type: Permanent (and 1 post for 12 month maternity cover)
Salary: £25,463 – £29,909. (pro rata for part time post)
Hours: 1 x FTE 36.40 per week (permanent)
1 X PTE ( 0.5 fte Wed pm, Thursday and Friday)
1 x FTE (36.40 per week to cover maternity leave for 12 months)
Based: Level 13, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UT
Closing date: 22nd February 2019
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: To be confirmed.
To contribute to the provision of a comprehensive high quality Welfare Rights Service advising residents about entitlement to welfare benefits supporting residents to challenge benefit decisions and providing representation at Appeal Tribunals.
- Interpreting legislation and case law, providing specialist technical information and advice on welfare benefits to residents, partners, internal and external organisations.
- Mediate and negotiate with appropriate agencies on a resident’s behalf, submitting mandatory reconsiderations and appeals to relevant bodies and represent clients at Tribunal Hearings, where appropriate.
- Progress complex casework, gathering evidence as needed and keeping residents updated
- Support the delivery of an effective duty service, and outreach provision
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of Health & Wellbeing campaigns and Financial take up initiatives through the development of innovative approaches
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Proven experience and expertise in Welfare Benefit advice work
- Excellent organisational skills, to ensure completion of necessary tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to deal with issues in a tactful and sensitive manner
The post is subject to a standard disclosure from the DBS.
For more information about the Oldham Council, please visit: https://www.greater.jobs/content/4559/working-for-oldham
For details of how we use your data please see our privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10Follow @GMWRAGtweets