Legal Justice Together
Call for Action
Free Conference, Manchester, 15 March 2014
Access To Advice is organising another major one day conference on the theme – “Legal Justice Together” to cover the massive challenges to publicly funded legal advice services locally, regionally and nationally. Crises are mounting, with intolerable cuts already to advice provision and legal aid – with more, punitive, legal aid cuts planned, across criminal and civil law.
Themes for the day include:
- Updates on all the brutal cuts in civil and criminal legal aid. These include further gross cuts in criminal legal aid fees, threatening local practices, and restrictions on Judicial Review, immigration safeguards and from social security reforms.
- Sharing strategies for survival now, campaigning with vigour, and how to rebuild together across criminal and civil law, when there will be a new government.
We would like your ideas for the event:
- What are the key issues for you?
- How do we influence debates and decisions on these issues?
- Ideas for actions in the campaigns for legal advice and representation services?