GMWRAG is very pleased to say that all of our speakers at the recent Everyday Equality Act have now provided us with their presentations from the event for download. We also have a bonus presentation from Ryan Bradshaw of Leigh Day which was not available on the day.
- there are no minutes available for the January 2019 meeting. There were 14 speakers and the presentations below represent all the content available from the event bar images posted by @GMWRAGTweets and other attendees.
- a number of presentations have been subsequently updated or revised by speakers. The versions on this site represent the most up to date versions.
- all presentations are detailed below in this post but will be permanently available on our “Presentations and notes from GMWRAG meetings” page.
- The minutes which would ordinarily be on our “Minutes” page link to the above page.
- Some of the presentations have similar titles. Please be assured that all presentations are distinct. No content is repeated.
Jo Chimes, whose magnificent work was pretty much solely responsible for making the whole day happen, has also kindly added her own summary of the take away messages from the event and we’ve added that as well..
- Summary of the day by Jo Chimes
- EHRC presentation on “The Cumulative Impact of Tax and Welfare Reforms” by Julie Jarman.
- EHRC presentation on “Strategic work, past, present, future” by Francine Morris.
- “Practical equality rights in welfare benefits advice” by Jo Chimes.
- “Using the Equality Act to tackle discrimination in welfare benefits” by Catherine Casserley from Cloisters.
- “Examples of UC conditionality raising equality issues” by Martin Williams from CPAG.
- “Using the Equality Act to tackle discrimination in welfare benefits” by Katy Watts from the Public Law Project.
- Universal Credit and human rights by Ryan Bradshaw from Leigh Day.