Having advertised 3 jobs in a relatively short period of time and used the word “unprecedented” GMWRAG now find ourselves advertising job number 4 of 2019 and stuck for a superlative (although not lacking in alliteration :)). The internet tells us we have choices like “anomalous” or “freakish”; “aberrant” or “ground-breaking”. GMWRAG is going with “marvellous”.
Salford City Council
Salford Civic Centre
Swinton, M27 5AW
Welfare Rights Officer (mental health)
Contract Type: Temporary to 1 September 2019 in the first instance)
Grade: 3B £26,470 – £29,055
Working Hours: 36 hours per week
Entitlement to a casual car user allowance
We are looking for an experienced welfare rights officer to join our dynamic and well established welfare rights and debt advice team.
This post provides a comprehensive specialist welfare benefits advice service for people with mental health problems.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing an advice service in a variety of mental health settings and in your client’s own homes
• Duty cover of our telephone and email welfare rights advice service
• Contributing to welfare rights training delivery
• Acting as an expert consultant and providing support for key mental health professionals
You should have:
• Up to date experience and expertise in benefits work including appeal representation
• a good appreciation of mental health and the benefit issues that relate to people with mental problems
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• an ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
• a commitment to the promotion of anti-poverty work
Please be aware that this post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and that you will be required to meet the cost of the DBS check – currently £44.00. The payment for this will be deducted from your first four months’ salary payments at a rate of £11.00 per month. If you do not commence employment for any reason but the DBS has been processed, you will be sent an invoice for the payment of £44.00.
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk/gdpr.Follow @GMWRAGtweets