Yeah, essentially there are only so many times in your life you can type North West Mental Health Welfare Rights Advisers Group or NWMHWRAG and not lose the will to live.
In the background here GMWRAG has people whispering seductively in our ear(s) about adding an extra word/letter to the GMSC but taking 2 letters out in order to make it the NSCG. Now that people is how you do it. They’re probably right too but come on now let’s not forget these things are GMWRAG sub-groups so it should really be the GMWRAG NSCG and the GMWRAG NWMHWRAG. Don’t tempt us or we will insist 🙂
So, yeah, them and.. more stuff.
Firstly, here’s yer minutes. Then here’s, er, stuff.
- A list of phone numbers for the Disability Employment Advisers,
- DWP JCP escalation routes. GMWRAG (we don’t mind typing that out in full each time :)) was advised by “them” that each page of the escalation routes has identical wording, but there is a page for each Jobcentre area with the relevant contact details on it. There. We’ve told you. We suspect you’ll be more irritated and confused by the failure to scan things in upright. GMWRAG is not in the business of blame (well not unless you know who!) but we can say with confidence it was “them” not us.
- An updated list of advice surgeries for the EU Settlement Scheme (the subject of our meeting in November.).
As if this were not enough joy for one day we must also say that we have been advised that there was some confusion at the last meeting. With a group name like that how could there not be. Oh no, hang on. That wasn’t it.
“There was some confusion about Work Allowances at the meeting. Speaker Julie Conneely has emailed to clarify:-
To be eligible for a work allowance the claimant (and/or partner) either have
- Responsibility for a child
- Limited capability for work
There are two levels
if UCFS includes housing support the work allowance is £287
if UCFS does not include housing support) the work allowance is £503“.
But we knew that didn’t we?!
We will of course be adding the “stuff” to “their” pages as soon as we’ve stopped chortling at our own wit. So, that’s never then?
Oh yeah, and this.
The next meeting of “them” will be on Friday (the – why do we keep having to add in “the” for them?) 27th (of – and “of”) March 2020.
The speaker will be Susan Perry, Team Leader at Disability Services at Chorlton. She will be talking about and taking questions on PIP.
The meeting will be at Greater Manchester Law Centre. More details to follow nearer the time. We think that’ll be the usual don’t wander through the wrong door at the fire station stuff. Nope? Wrong venue. Don’t wander down the middle of the law centre or you’ll be arrested? Something like that? No? Don’t read the letters or they’ll change to N or NWLC? Sigh. Time for a lie down.Follow @GMWRAGtweets