Self-help resources

This site is run by volunteers and, although we can point you in the direction of local services, we’re not in a position to offer advice directly.

We share claimants frustration at difficulties in obtaining advice and/or representation and especially with the new trend of impeding justice by limiting access to key forms.

We still think the best thing you can do is get expert advice (please look at our “Advice In Greater Manchester” links on every page of this site) but we also recognise that more than ever people have tight deadlines to challenge decisions and a form to complete. We’re starting small and we’ll build up as we go along. We welcome your suggestions but we intend to add some hot tips/frequently asked questions as soon as we can.

So, you can now find the forms you’ll need to start the ball rolling on your appeal at

Appealing your benefit decision.

We have now added the Hardship Payment application form, which should be used if your JSA or ESA have been sanctioned (as the same time as challenging the sanction decision).

Hardship Payment application.

On the 13th of May 2016 we also added the

ESA change of circumstances form.